Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Surfing Photograph's and what can you do with them

Clark Little Surf Photography Article , Surf Photography , what can a photographer do with the pictures, well not much unless you have a signed model release from the surfer, that is if you plan on selling the photos for profit, So if your in this spot, you already know what I know. The thing is , the copyright laws specify if you can even make out the board the surfer is riding,, then your in violation even a silllouette, so its frustrating and to get these surfers to sign something they will  possibly not see again, well, doubtful. I find the laws to be valid I guess, but what about that Paparazzi and celebratory pictures, where is that violation come from or is there one. I believe that most surf photographers have a context with some of the surfing sponsors, therefore they are able to just shoot away, Clark Little in the article above takes pictures of the Surf itself, Never really done that , I mean I have , but not like this fellow does, take a look at his work on this link above and go to my home page for some Surf Videos, and some of my music, Surfing photography is for me at this point in my life on hold until I can figure out a way to make a living from it. Till next time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment